Thursday, October 15, 2009

In other news...

I have a second interview for a job today. In 1 hour and 48 minutes to be exact. I am so nervous, but going for "cool, calm and collected" on the exterior.

I am just dying to talk about this job and the possibility that it requires a - dare I say it - move (eek!), but I'm trying not to think about any of the implications besides what is required of me today, which is showing up, looking professional, acting confident...

... and describing what I'm looking for in a job so that they can make sure they're placing the right candidate in the right position.

I'll tell you what I'm looking for. A PAYCHECK!

Not to put too fine of a point on it.

11 months ago I was all about finding the perfect job for me, a career position that would give me all the challenges I need to keep my interest with all the responsibilities that I'm good at, great benefits and work life balance.

This job has both. This job is what I've been looking for all year long, and it's so close. I got very encouraging feedback from one of the interviewers who seems to be the main decision maker, and obviously I was selected for a second interview - third if you count the phone screening. I am as confident as I can be considering I've come this far before and had the job go to someone else, or get closed out due to budget concerns.

I'm putting this out here now, 1 hour and 42 minutes before the interview starts because I'm not sure what I'm going to do if this thing falls through. I mean, I know what I'll do. Come home, make dinner, keep applying to jobs, eventually find something. But this! This is the one! And I think if it doesn't come to fruition I'm going to need to vent a little bit.

I have done all my preparations, and it's time to get dressed. I'm ready to make this happen.

No comments: