Thursday, January 15, 2009

Housework shutdown

I looked around my house today and realized that there is not one square foot that brings me any peaceful feeling right now. I am so completely overwhelmed by the dirt and mess that I have shut down. Last night I went shopping and bought more things instead of picking up what I already have. This is a sign of the apocalypse.

I'm going back to basics and I'm taking the camera with me. My approach is to start in a doorway picking up and cleaning every last thing before moving forward. The only question is, which doorway to start at. Front door (not as bad, instant gratification) or side door (into kitchen which needs more heavy cleaning - floor is play doh-tastic).

I'm going to make a mop bucket and grab my camera. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: