Thursday, January 29, 2009

Scrapbooking cures what ails

I have nothing but frustration and grumpiness in my heart today, so I'd like to share some things I've been working on that make me happy. Scrapbooking.

I'm still working on Deuce's first year, but I'm really organized and doing a page every day. I have literally scrapped once since we moved because my space is so disorganized. I'm taking a class to get my shit together and it's really helping me. It's "Get Organized and Be Inspired" from Big Picture Scrapbooking.

The class is actually one of the reasons I'm grouchy. I can't really do any serious scrapbook room remodelling because... oh I'm not working. It just makes me frustrated that my lack of employment is keeping me from doing something I want to do.


But I'm making progress toward a more organized and creative environment, and doing pages too. I forgot how much I love scrapbooking. So on to some pages from this weekend.

This is Deuce's first time feeling grass (April 2008). Awesome day.


Collage of Deuce teething (and drooling). The puzzle pieces are from Cricut's My Community cartridge.
Here's a page with my dad. He is a champion tickler and has no mercy even on the young. Deuce managed to escape, as you can see. I'm really proud of this page - using the circle motif on the patterned paper on the on a top layer highlighting Robbie crawling away. Not too shabby.


This page is busy. I cropped the photos close before I printed them, but it would have been easier to cut the photos down so that the page wasn't overrun with patterns and colors.


Here's a fav page - I was going to frame that 5x7, but the page came together so I used it. This is also from April, 2008.




So that's what I've been up to lately! I have to shovel the driveway today (boo!) but then back to it!

No comments: