Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I'm gonna let it shine

I'm a little down.

I have some stress happening, with home improvements to get our house ready to sell and my generally busier schedule. It's the after-Christmas letdown. The days are short and it is cold.

Unfortunately, I don't just get to curl up under a blanket, sip hot cocoa and watch movies all day and night until it warms up outside. Even when I think about calling in sick so I'll have a day to myself, I know I can't sit in my house and relax with so much to do, so I might as well go to work and save the day for when I'm sick, not just feeling sick and tired.

I don't completely know the answer. I know I get like this every so often and I know that life will settle just enough time for it to turn upside down again. So I might as well embrace it, right?

First thing this morning I was looking for my camera, but the camera bag was empty. I left for work wondering where it might be. I went home at lunch time because I was concerned about the camera's well-being, and my own well-being if something had happened to it. It was in my knitting bag. That means I haven't been doing much knitting, much photography, or much housework.

Finding the camera was a relief and suddenly Sam Cooke's version of "This Little Light of Mine" popped into my head.

The camera's not gone. It was safe and sound. Just misplaced. I hope to find my sanity in much the same condition.

No comments: