Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Z is for Zephyr

This is the last letter in ABC Along 2009, and though I'm 2 weeks late, I'm still going to finish up because I have a good Z

For my birthday, my knitting SIL got me... Knit Picks Options! I've been wanting these so much for the year that I've been knitting. For non-knitting readers, they are interchangable knitting needles, with different sized needle tips you can attach to different length cords.

They also are super economical because you don't have to buy every different length of every different needle size, plus you can store a project on the cord and use the tips elsewhere.

They come in nickle plated, wood, or acrylic - mine are the Zephyr acrylic set.

Here they are in the pouch they come in - depending on how big the collection grows there are binders and all kinds of cute storage options.

And here's my size 5's ready for action!



They look lighted from the reflection of the flash in this picture. They're actually completely clear. It takes a little getting used to because they are so clear that you can actually see the back side of the stitch and it can look like another stitch on the needle. It didn't take very long to get the hang of it. I have a "Just Enough Ruffles" scarf on right now that requires a stitch in the front then the back then the front of the same stitch and I'm wondering if the clearness is going to make that easier or harder.

Well that wraps up ABC Along 2009! Z is for Zephyr!

No comments: