Monday, September 3, 2012

This just might work

On Friday I started my new diet - I'm doing Medifast meal replacements, on the advice of my doctor.  It's going really well, even over a holiday weekend, because I'm really committed. 

I do feel like I need to put "really well" in perspective.  I am the worst dieter in the world.  I am the only person I know who actually gains weight on a diet.  Several years ago on the Biggest Loser, a contestant was sent home during the first week.  His comment was "Who gains weight on a fat-loss show?"  Me, pal.  That would be me.

I have some real control issues when it comes to food.  I want to eat what I want, when I want, as much as I want, and I do not expect anyone to so much a bat an eyelash

So why would I sign up for a diet where my choices consist of choosing between a shake or a bar, and my main meal of the day is choosing between fish or chicken?  Because I obviously need to change the way I make choices.  Even if I don't follow this plan to the bitter end, I think I can get a good head start.  I want to keep following Medifast until I lose some lbs and practice focusing on lifestyle choices

The diet has taken away my ability to choose a burrito for lunch.  But the fundamental choice here is do I want to lose weight or stay the same?  If I want to lose weight, eat the prepared meal. I ate the prepared meals, I lost 2 lbs in 3 days.

I might be on to something.

No comments: