Wednesday, October 8, 2008

T is for Travel

During the blog-break, Deuce, DeuceDad and I went to NYC for a wedding and a little break from the ordinary. My BIL and SIL came too, and my brother watched Deuce while we were at the reception. It was a really fun trip!

Deuce flew in a plane for the first time -



We went to the Bronx Zoo -

Saw some dinos at the American Museum of Natural History -

And enjoyed a pastrami sandwich (he definitely preferred the "new" pickles btw)-


The trip was a great success. With so much to see and do, Deuce didn't mind being trapped in his stroller most of the time. On the subject of strollers, I take for granted that I will see children in strollers everywhere I go because I'm such a suburbanite. Not so much with the babies in Midtown. The people that are crazy enough to wrangle their kids onto the subway are at least smart enough to have an umbrella stroller, not the combo-carseat-behemoth that us countrified folk are used to. They were primarily Maclaren strollers, costing between 2.5 and 5 times what our Graco did (I'll bet not bought at Target either). But shelling out $180 for the Triumph didn't sound so bad when we eventually just started walking and taking taxis everywhere to avoid getting caught in turnstiles.

All in all a great trip. We're looking forward to doing it again!

No comments: