Monday, December 21, 2009

U is for UFOs

UFOs - Unfinished Objects!


I just have a crazy number of partially done projects in every corner of the house, and my yarn projects are no exception. This is "the afghan" that I started for my Grandma Anne's 90th birthday 2 years ago. I bought a pattern book, about 15 skeins of Red Heart Super Saver, because this thing is a yarn eater and that was the only way I was going to be able to afford to make it, and got to work. I worked feverishly evening after evening until I sat back and realized that I only had 12 inches done... I would never get this thing done for her February birthday. So I abandoned ship and crocheted something quick - which she totally loves!
Why am I hanging on to this UFO I don't intend to finish? No good reason. Maybe it's time to toss it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Could be a nice shawl...