Friday, March 19, 2010

Good Fortune

I got an interesting fortune in my fortune cookie today:
Land is always in the mind of the flying birds.

I love when a fortune is appropo.

I wish I could say that I was making this look easy - working full time, young son, remodeling house and moving - but I'm not. At least, my body decided to quit faking it so well. I caught Deuce's cold (flu?) and it's one of the worst I've ever had. I'll spare you the details, but I'm functioning at about 30% so you can imagine how that's working out.

After my year at home, I can finally say what I want from my life - land. A family, a place to call home, a stable job and money to keep the lights on. It's all so close. Within the next year it's possible for me to have everything I want. I just need to flap my wings when I can, ride the current when I can, and come down when I can.

No comments: