Thursday, June 5, 2008

An old flame

When I moved back to my old home town, I ran into an old flame. I wasn't too interested in what they were saying and I ignored them for several weeks. Monday night I was out running errands and ran into this old flame again. The voice was so familiar. The musical sounds felt so right. And I was back in love.

WBER, who long have I loved you? Since I realized there was more to radio than AC/DC (Dad) or soft rock (Mom). You introduced me to new bands, you made me laugh. And I love to laugh. I know you had a life before me, ever since 1985 to be exact. And many people have loved you more than I. But I'm so glad you're back in my life. I don't like every song, or every DJ, but you challenge me and more often than not make me turn up the volume.

No comments: