Sunday, November 16, 2008

The funny thing about my temper

I've noticed a funny thing about my temper today. I raised my voice at Deuce (for hitting my glasses which he knows not to do), dumped him off in his father's lap and, frustrated, flounced down the stairs to the office. In the basically 4 days I was alone with Deuce I didn't even start to lose my temper. I wonder if I am quicker to get frustrated when there is an option - giving him to his father - and more apt to keep my cool if I am the only parent and therefore don't have the luxury of someone else to play with/feed/comfort/disipline him.

This seems counterintuitive. You would think that I would have a shorter fuse when all the responsibility is on me. I don't really get it, but I'm glad that it's that way. Oh and I'm so glad DeuceDad is back from camp...

No comments: