Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Tackled - Yard work!

Tackle It Tuesday Meme

I finally put my nose to the grindstone and did yard work. I raked a mountain of leaves (that' just what was in the front yard by the way)...


And planted 100 bulbs (and 2 mums) in the front bed so I'll have some flowers in the spring!


So here's where I do a little environmentally-friendly encouragement. To all out there in temperate climates with lots of deciduous trees in their yards - please, please for the love of all things holy, please quit with the leave blowers! Think about what you're really doing - burning up fossil fuels in an inefficient stinking two-stroke engine and creating so much noise pollution that the operator wears ear muffs. None of the innocent children trying to play outside have ear muffs on by the way. Please use your arms, grab a rake, brake a sweat if necessary and leave the power tools in the garage.

1 comment:

Shan said...

Isn't it a great feeling to look out at a clean yard?