Saturday, February 7, 2009

Scrap room purgatory

Three days removed from scrapbook hell, and 11 hours of moving, sorting and dusting later, I find myself in scrapbook room purgatory. It's not heaven, it's not hell. It could go either way. There are still some key elements that haven't found a home in the room yet (namely my bins of actual "scraps" to scrapbook) and I haven't made a page yet, so I have no idea if I'm going to be able to pull out a piece of card stock without the whole mess falling on the cat.

But I don't get the sensation of rolling anything uphill all day long when I come in here, so it must be time well spent.

Oh, and my cameras have a real home! Right next to the books I need to read... I swear sometimes projects like this turn up more to-do list items than actually resolve any problems. For example, I overheated the shredder 3 times after cleaning out the filing cabinet. Poor innocent shredder.

I've also been listening to music - I try to make a point of doing this so that Deuce doesn't grow up in a world of only "Rubber Ducky, You're the One." I borrowed Snow Patrol and Jack Johnson (Sleep Through the Static - who knew he had released another album?), and when those wore out I switched over to last.fm. I was a huge fan of the now-defunct Pandora, and last is even better because you have unlimited skips!

So that was my day. More to do, but that's what gets us up in the morning, right?

No comments: