Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Scrapbooking for the dedication impaired

I am closing in on the end of Deuce's first year scrapbook. He is 20 months old. By all accounts, this is not that bad. Scrapbookers either keep on top of their photos or fall hopelessly behind. I mean, I'm hopelessly behind, but the end of a huge milestone is in sight.

Remaining I have:
  1. Thompson Park Zoo
  2. Finding Feet
  3. Photo shoot
  4. Maxwell (ILs dog)
  5. Easter
  6. Packing to move
  7. Hop & Pop (a fave toy)
  8. Finish Christmas
  9. Watching baseball with Grandpa Jeff
  10. Playing with Grandpa Bob
  11. Learning to stand
  12. Playing music
  13. Bubbles
  14. Learning to walk
  15. Claude Haiku
  16. Me & Cousin Joey

I would like to do 4 of these topics per day and be done by the end of the week. That will never happen. I'm holding myself to an impossibly high standard of page quality and have been investing an hour per page minimum. I seems like if I don't struggle with design or journalling it's narrowing down photos or choosing paper. And I can NEVER find the right embellishments.

I just feel like if I can get over this hump I can get into the second year and be foot loose and fancy free. Until May, when I'll burn through countless trimmer blades trying and failing to finish the book before his birthday.

No comments: