Sunday, January 6, 2008

Bottoms up!

In baby news, Deuce has been lifting his bottom or front but not both - until now. He's on hands and knees rocking back and forth and scooting backwards! Crawling is imminent! Crap!

So Christmas got boxed up and put away and next weekend's project is the whole crawling around picking up choking hazards and chemicals thing. I'm excited to see him accomplish, but it's so strange to think that we had seven months with him being immobile and that's all we get. Ever. Deuce-motherhood can be bittersweet.

In crafting news, I took Rebecca's scarf apart once b/c I didn't have enough CC for the whole length. I restarted, 9 sts across (meant to do 10, but that's the beauty of a plain old sc scarf), alternating 2 rows of MC w/ 2 rows MC and CC together. Looked good, but still too short for it's 2 year old recipient. So I took it out AGAIN and restarted 5 sts across, alternating 4 rows of MC w/ 4 rows MC and CC together. I love this little girl, I do. But not this much. One more mess up and she's getting a puzzle.

I set up a scrapbook paper swap for Thursday - I'm so excited about this! Guests are bringing stacks/loose paper, whatever they aren't using to trade with others. We're going to eat (of course), then everyone just spreads their goods out on the table and takes what they like. I'm doing this in particular b/c I don't have ANY 12x12 Christmas paper, and I have TONS of baby's first Christmas pictures. So yes, it's self serving, but I have so much paper to trade too.

Okay, next week is starting whether I like it or not, so I'd better put the coffee pot together.

1 comment:

kasiaiscarly said...

why was your coffee pot apart?

check out this site for crochet swaps:) http://crochetswapbuddies.blogspot.com/