Thursday, January 3, 2008

Crafty Lunchers? Lunchy Crafters?

In an effort to avoid the single-digit weather outside, some of the women at work and I are going to meet up at lunchtime and either chat or bring a craft project with us. I know this seems insane. And quilting bee-esque. But it's cold and we're sick of sitting at our desks alone when it's cold outside!

I have a scarf in the works that's easy enough to crochet while talking, so I'm excited about that.

I just can't get over the feeling that it's a little odd to crochet at lunch. Or for a 27 year old to be crocheting at all. So the alterior motive is to hang out with some other twenty- and early thirty-somethings that also do crafts.

Maybe if we come up with a better name for our group. Right now we're going with Crafty Lunchers. I mean, we have to put something on our Outlook calendars. If the group takes off maybe it will name itself.

1 comment:

Yarn or Death said...

I've been known to crochet during my lunch break. Now the maintenance guys always ask where my knitting is. (Sometimes they even remember it's crochet instead!)