Tuesday, April 22, 2008

In Good Company

I was reading though some missed posts at Playgroups are No Place For Children, and I found Jennifer's post on Tip Anxiety. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who a) cannot do math when flustered and b) lives in fear of loogies being hawked on food in retribution.

While reflecting on this one of many sources of anxiety in my life, I also read Missy's post that calls out DeuceFamily's lack of real names on my blog. My real name is out there, but I more or less keep our true identities secret b/c of my Freak Anxiety. I know that it's unlikely/unrealistic/insane to think that someone on the internet would find us/kill us/steal our identities. Some people don't even have a problem putting first AND last names out there for readers, but I'm not one.

Maybe I need to loosen up a bit. My name's Megan. Phew! That wasn't so bad!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I use pseudonyms for my kids and my husband on my blog...I have that freak anxiety, too! I'm afraid of all those icky perverts who might be reading!

Marketing Mama said...

LOL. I did really think that Deuce was his name. There's another blog I follow who's daughter is named Pilot. And it's not fake either. And I think it's adorable!!! :)

I won't use last names, or where I work, or the exact city I live in... but first names is okay with me. :)

bookwoman said...

I go by Bookwoman and refer to my husband as Geek Boy. No kids involved. I have a similar freak anxiety.