Thursday, March 6, 2008

Child car cart before the job horse

I can't (won't) look/apply for jobs from work, but I can look for day care, right? It's probably just as bad. But there are some really promising looking places, and I think will be comparable to where Deuce is at now.

Don't get me wrong, we don't love our daycare entirely. But it's the best of the bunch, and I think he's happy there. I also think he's young enough that he won't really miss any of his caregivers or friends if he has to leave. It's just one more thing that I worry about unnecessarily considering this thing isn't even close to being a done deal.

I could do a whole enormous rant on the good and evil of daycare, the compromise it represents, the alternating feeling of imprisonment and freedom I feel as a full time working mom. But I won't get into all that mess.

The worst part about having Deuce in day care is that I miss him. Plain and simple. He's a cool kid and I like to be around him, and I don't get to do that as much as I'd like. Day care is just an easy target to spout off at b/c you can't hurt its feelings. A much better target than DeuceDad, believe that.

But now I'm satisfied that there is good quality care to be had and I can move on to worrying about something else. Like, say, when an interview is going to happen...

No comments: